Sunday 26 September 2010

Musings... ramblings... blogging? Discuss.

It has been a year since I finished my MSc.  In my perfect world, I would now be a brazen young academic, publishing, presenting, contributing and networking through a fully funded PhD.  But instead, my academic dreams have become stagnant, on hold while I direct my attentions to the bottom line, and work like a real person in a 9-5 to pay off my enormous student loan debts.

I like my job, in fact I love it, and it IS in higher education (an assistant in a university development office).  But in some sense I feel I'm letting my real goals sit on the back burner, while I watch and don't participate in the academic field I long to play a part in.

Hence this blog.  In an effort to create SOME platform for my thoughts on palaeoanthropology and evolutionary linguistics, I will use this as an outlet for my musings, a place to put my ramblings, and hopefully even an opportunity to get some feedback/critisism and inspiraton.

So stay tuned; hopefully I will muster some interesting writings on topics in anthropology, archaeology, philosophy and linguistics, and hopefully you will be engaged.  I welcome discussion and critisism, mockery or flattery.


Thank you for reading,

Cory

3 comments:

  1. Sounds good. Look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! I'm afraid I can't contribute much to the discussion on language but I can at least read your blog religiously (or not religiously, like a good little archaeologist...)!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be in your position in two years. I'm not entirely looking forward to it. But I am looking forward to reading more. Evolutionary linguistics is my main interest, as well; it's a shame that I missed the last EvoLang.

    Reading but probably not commenting very often, as I'd most likely be incorrect somehow.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...